About department : The student get theoretical & practical training about the hand tools, cutting tools measuring instrument lathe machine, drilling machine, Welding machine, Fabrication work Etc. there repairing & maintenance work
The following are minimum broad general learning outcome after completion of the Electronics Mechanic course of 02 years duration:
A. GENERIC OUTCOME
1. Recognize & comply safe working practices, environment regulation and housekeeping.
2. Work in a team, understand and practice soft skills, technical English to communicate withrequired clarity.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of concept and principles of basic arithmetic, algebraic, trigonometric, and statistics and apply knowledge of specific area to perform practical operations.
4. Understand and explain basic science in the field of study including friction, simple machine and heat and temperature.
5. Read and apply engineering drawing for different application in the field of work.
6. Understand and explain the concept in productivity, quality tools and labour welfare legislation and apply such in day to day work to improve productivity & quality.
7. Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources.
8. Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth.
9. Understand and apply basic computer working, basic operating system and uses internet services to get accustomed & take benefit of IT developments in the industry.
B. SPCIFIC OUTCOME
10. Perform basic mechanical workshop operations using suitable tools for fitting riveting, drilling etc observing suitable care & safety.
11. Identify, charge, discharge, connect, maintain different batteries used in electronic applications.
12. Identify, test various electrical components like Switches, Transformers, Relays, contactors, Solenoid valves
13. Identify, test various electronic components using proper measuring instruments and apply this knowledge to troubleshoot power supplies.
14. Configure, install, troubleshoot, upgrade, interconnect given computer system(s) and demonstrate &utilize application packages for different application.
15. Assemble, test and repair the various analog circuits and apply this knowledge to troubleshoot AF amplifier of PA system, fan regulator, light dimmer circuit
16. Assemble, test and repair the various digital circuits and apply this knowledge to troubleshoot various application circuits viz. display systems, digital clock, digital timer and event counter
17. Draw , simulate and analyze the analog and digital circuits using Electronic simulator software
18. Prepare, crimp, terminate and test various cables used in different electronics industries.
19. Identify , place, solder and desolder and test different SMD discrete components and IC’s.
20. Identify, prepare /construct different electrical controls circuits, features and test for their proper functioning.
21. Construct/assemble/test and trouble shoot a commercial AM /FM receiver.
22. Identify different blocks of programmable system & test/troubleshoot the various components of it and apply the knowledge to service different domestic programmable systems
23. Understand the operation of different process sensors, identify, wire & apply the knowledge to test various sensors of different industrial processes by selecting appropriate test instruments
24. Select a project, understand the requirements to construct the project and install it for a domestic /commercial applications based on various analog and digital IC’s
25. Prepare fibre optic setup to transmit and receive various analog and digital data using fibre optic cable by following proper care
26. Interface the LCD, LED DPM panels to various circuits for monitoring and testing
27. Identify the various components , connectors and trouble shoot the SMPS, UPS and inverter with due care and follow the safety norms
28. Install a solar panel and connect the panel to the inverter and test
29. Dismantle, identify the various parts of a cell phone, repair and assemble the cell phone/smart phone
30. Identify the various parts of a LED lights and stacks and troubleshoot
31. Identify, operate various controls, troubleshoot and replace modules of the LCD/LED TV & its remote.